Visitors to site

Monday, August 25, 2008

Addie's special day

Our stake conference was held yesterday at the Ogden tabernacle on the temple grounds. Addie was invited to be in the primary choir. She was so excited! She went to practice every Saturday morning, and then got to perform yesterday. The choir sounded so beautiful. The director is from our ward and is so talented. The first song was a medley of I Am a Child of God, Army of Helaman, and We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet. The second song was Families Can Be Together Forever. Then they sang Love is Spoken Here (one of my all-time favorites, which gives me goose bumps every time I hear it...) The last song was one I hadn't heard before called I Know that My Savior Loves Me. They incorporated bells in one song and sign language in another. It was such a special experience for Addie. I could see her beaming up on the stand.The highlight for Addie, though, was that she got to shake an apostle's hand. Elder Robert D. Hales, of the Quorom of the Twelve Apostles from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spoke to us. Addie was fortunate enough to get a handshake and a "hello" from him. Even at such a young age, she knew she was meeting an important man of God. Gary and I realized neither of us has shaken an apostle's hand. What a lucky girl!

4 comments:

Amie said...

that's awesome! way to go, Addie!

Char said...

What an amazing experience!!! I'm a bit jealous--I haven't shaken an apostle's hand before.

Candace said...

That sounds like Addie had a lot of fun! She is very cute. She is also a lot cleaner in that picture than she was at the school today!

The Young Saint said...

What a special experience. I'm sure she'll always remember that!

About Me

My photo
Deana and Gary were married on November 7, 1996. Whoa, that was a long time ago! We have 4 kids: Adeline Kay (12), Calder Saville (9), Gavin Jack (7), and Sadie Morann (2).