Visitors to site

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wanda Pemberton Moore

This weekend we braved the 105 degrees and headed to St. George. My grandma passed away on July 16th, so we went down to her graveside service. It was wonderful to see some family I haven't seen in years. Some I haven't seen in over a decade!


Grandma Moore is my mom's mom. My mom has 2 brothers and each of them has 3 kids. If you do the math (I know, it's summer, so let me help you out), I have exactly 6 cousins. Total. There are no cousins on my dad's side. So, this is it. Just the six. The service was very intimate. Family only. That is what my grandma had requested. My mom gave a beautiful eulogy and each of her brothers spoke as well. Two of my cousins sang "Oh My Father", my grandma's favorite hymn.


I'm so grateful to know that my grandma is with my grandpa again and that she is surrounded by her loved ones who welcomed her into heaven with open arms. I will miss my little grandma, but I know I will see her again some day.
This picture was taken 2 years ago. It's the most recent four-generation picture I have with my grandma. She was small (4' 6" here), but she was a tough lady!

2 comments:

Amie said...

It was so great to see you again! I was a little teary as we parted. I thought about calling you guys half a dozen times Saturday night, but eventually decided we all should just hang with our own boring families. *grin*

Char said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma's death. Even with a testimony of eternal families, you still miss love ones.
{{hugs}}

About Me

My photo
Deana and Gary were married on November 7, 1996. Whoa, that was a long time ago! We have 4 kids: Adeline Kay (12), Calder Saville (9), Gavin Jack (7), and Sadie Morann (2).