Visitors to site

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy birthday, Adeline!

Eleven years ago today, I became a mother. Words cannot express the joy I have found in having my sweet Adeline here on the earth as my child. She is growing up so fast, eager to help me out or just spend time with me. I'm hoping that doesn't change in the next couple of years.

There have been times when we've butted heads, especially from ages 2-5, but it mostly just goes to show ya how alike the two of us can be. (Eh hum, did someone say bossy???)



Poor girl, being born first she has been my guinea pig too often. But, it just makes her stronger. :) I tell her how I can relate to her because I was the firstborn, too. In fact, another thing Addie and I share in common is that we are the first grandchild on both sides of our families.


Addie's birth gave a lot of people new titles...Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Granddad, Aunt, Uncle, Great-Grandma, Great-Grandpa. She's always been so special to so many people.

Here's a stroll down memory lane. So many photos to choose from, here are a few of my favorites...





Birth announcement photo. 3 Days old in the outfit she (and I) wore home from the hospital.






At the Murray Park fireworks just before she turned 2. In fact, when Addie was almost one, she uttered her first word..."WOW!!!" while we were watching a fireworks show.







Can you imagine this sweet little 3-year old pounding her fists on the hospital nursery window exclaiming she didn't want a brother? "I want a sister!!! Boys are stuuuupiiiiiid!!!" Where was the video camera??? That was worth $100,000 on AMV for sure! She literally scared the nurses, and for the next couple of days at the hospital we got several looks of pity and were referred to as the "parents of that one little girl." I think secretly she still holds Calder responsible for some disappointment that day.



Addie at 4 years old. It's no coincidence that many of her photos were taken in red or blue. We were so thrilled to have a July baby that she was patriotic all the time.





Addie at 5, just before starting Kindergarten where she proved to the world how smart and strong-willed she is. She also became a big sister again to yet another brother, Gavin. At this point she figured maybe there were benefits to being the only girl...






Addie at 6 years old, always Mama's buddy!





At 7 years old, Addie finally lost her first tooth. She also got glasses a couple of weeks after this photo was taken.




Addie at age 8. She was baptised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We also moved out of the townhouse we had lived in for 7 years ON her 8th birthday, so she likes to tell people she got a new house for her birthday.



Our beautiful 9-year old.



Finally, after nearly a decade of waiting, Adeline got a baby sister just before she turned 10.


Adeline, we love you so much and wish you a very happy birthday. You're awesome. And A-some. (It's an inside joke.) ;)

6 comments:

Dani Robison said...

Happy birthday, Addie! I can't believe you're 11! I hope you had a great day, and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. :) Love you!

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Addie! Deana- hope your recovery is still going good.

A New Decade of Health said...

What a cute girl! My oldest will be 11 in Nov. Crazy how they get big so fast! Why???

Amie said...

awww great post and great pictures! Happy Birthday Addie!

Shelly said...

Wow! Time flies! 11? Crazy! Very cute family you have!

Bryan Carlson said...

Happy Birthday Addie and Gavin!

About Me

My photo
Deana and Gary were married on November 7, 1996. Whoa, that was a long time ago! We have 4 kids: Adeline Kay (12), Calder Saville (9), Gavin Jack (7), and Sadie Morann (2).