Visitors to site

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our little Sadie is already 4 months old!

Where in the world does the time go? Our sweet baby, Sadie, turned four months old last Sunday. Although I struggle to remember life without her, it seems crazy to think that she's been with us for so long.


Right now, Sadie is 12 lbs, 10 oz. That's a chunky kid for us!!! She has rolley-polley legs which are just the cutest. I've never had a kid with rolls. Never!


She is at such a fun age. I always enjoy this stage when they are more alert and responsive, but not into everything yet. It gets even better once they can sit up on their own and entertain themselves for a bit.


Sadie is smiling a ton now. I got a cute photo of her doing just that. I put her in the saucer (thanks, Aunt Karen) which I only brought in the house because I was babysitting my neighbor's 1-year old the other day. I didn't think Sadie would even care, but she started looking at all of the toys and just got really happy. She is also cooing and babbling a lot more. We still haven't gotten her to let out a laugh. It's seriously like she's trying to hold them in. She'll cough/grunt when we tickle her, like she just won't let that giggle come out!


She is gaining more and more control over her movements right now. She reaches out to things, especially the little toy we have on her carseat. She loves making it jingle. She grabs onto everything that comes into reach, including her clothes, my clothes, burp rags, long hair (watch out!), and toys. She stares and stares at her hands with wonder and amazement. She also loves to give us a good splash while she's in the tub! It's amazing to watch the growth she is experiencing, both physically and mentally. Remember there's a 5-year gap between Gavin and Sadie, so I am really remembering so much that I had forgotten about specific milestones. So fun!


Sadie is our little angel and we are so blessed to have her in our family. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending her to me. She is so sweet and always has a happy little twinkle in her eye. We just love love love her so much!

6 comments:

Bryan Carlson said...

Adorable picture! You guys need to have a few more, you make cute cute babies!

A New Decade of Health said...

She is a doll! They get so big so fast! It seems like my little Zak was just a newborn and now he's walking around 10 months later! Enjoy it while you can!

Erin Bee said...

Wow, your baby is getting so big. It's fun to see her smiling. She is very cute, too. I'm sad for you about watermelon even though it's not my favorite. I'm not complaining about your lack of posting on your blog (just don't complain about mine).

Amie said...

she's so cute! She's all you thru and thru. I totally see young kyle and Dani in there. Does she have any Gary in there at all? =)

Candace said...

I can't believe she is growing so fast. I love the picture!

Char said...

What a CUTIE! I think she looks a lot like Addie. DO you hear that much?
Looks like you are keeping plenty busy.
Sure miss you all.
Char

About Me

My photo
Deana and Gary were married on November 7, 1996. Whoa, that was a long time ago! We have 4 kids: Adeline Kay (12), Calder Saville (9), Gavin Jack (7), and Sadie Morann (2).